Friday, January 15, 2010

Tears Coming Down My Cheeks at St. Anne's Church

January 13, 2010 - St. Anne's Church, Jerusalem

St. Anne's Church in Jerusalem's Muslim Quarter is known to have one of the finest examples of Crusader architecture and is also traditionally known as the home of Virgin Mary's parents, Joachim and Anne. What I found to be one of the most beautiful things here was not the architecture, but the acoustic system within the church, which the church is also famously known for.

We were fortunate enough to have two strangers - man and wife - sing for us while inside the church. As I was sitting there enjoying the environment and listening to them sing -- something happened to me internally and tears started to well up in my eyes. I didn't even know what he was singing, but whatever it was, it touched me so much that the floodgates opened -- and tears began to roll down my cheeks. It truly was a touching moment for me. Luckily enough, Wilson recorded them singing and below is a video of the moment (the feeling may not be the same as if you were sitting there, but at least you get a sense of it).

After they left, Wilson also sang Silent Night in the center of the church -- and though it was good, it didn't touch me quite as much. :D haha.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...