Sunday, January 10, 2010

An Adventure I Don't Want to Relive in Jordan...




As you can see from the photos above, you can easily guess that I was in a car accident. Wilson was driving down the Dead Sea Highway when a car on the opposite side of the road decided to make a U-TURN. Of course, they didn't see the oncoming traffic (i.e. US) so they proceeded. Wilson of course saw the car and attempted to stop but had to swerve into the ditch to avoid hitting the car head-on. Luckily for us, Wilson continued to swerve left and right to avoid the wall and we ended up upon a slight incline in the ditch.

I am soooo thankful that a) we didn't collide with the other car -- they were an elderly couple -- cause they would have been toast; b) we didn't hit the wall because I would have been toast and c) we walked away without any injuries and were happy that we had "walk-away" insurance that says we have $0 liability for the car (which, in my opinion is a DEFINITE must when renting a car abroad; btw, just to make sure its "true" walk-away insurance ... you should also pay in cash too so they can't come after your credit card).

I'm still surprised that the elderly couple stopped to see that we were okay and then proceeded to point the finger at us as if it was our fault... but, we had the right of way, which perhaps, in this country means nothing. But, wow... they just left us with our car in the ditch!

Oh, well... Wilson and I are thankful that we survived to tell the tale.

Man, if I think back... the last 24 hours was a bit crazy...

-- we started the day with a flat tire and had to get that repaired
-- the night before I had my my point-and-shoot camera stolen
-- the day before Wilson was pulled over for speeding (but thankfully they couldn't read his HK International License Number and let us go)
-- and that same day we saw a cow tipped over on its side, potentially foreshadowing our situation.

hope tomorrow is a better day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...